Casual Relief Teacher Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  Nevenka Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Hello, my name is Nevenka and I am looking for casual and block work in the Illawarra region. I have had a number of mini blocks and a 2 term block at The Illawarra Grammar School. I have had training in the Primary Years Program and I was part of the team when The Illawarra Grammmar School became part of the International Schools by receiving International Baccalaureate Accreditation.

I am keen to become part of the DEC Schools and would love the opportunity to show my enthusiasm as a primary school teacher. I am a committed life long learner, I regularly participate in professional development to improve my teaching practice. I have had the opportunity to work with a variety of teachers, across many classrooms and a range of schools in the Independent, Catholic and State systems. As a result of this experience I am flexible, organised and innovative. Cross cultural sensitivity enables me to work well with people from variety of cultures.

I use  a variety of teaching styles to engage students as visual, kinaesthetic, logical and linguistic learners. The use of technology through the interactive white board and computer assisted tasks is incorporated into my lessons and has enhanced student learning. As a result of using the interactive whiteboard, PC and Macintosh computers my students have achieved a range of skills to create PowerPoints, digital stories, digital photography, videoing and publishing, all used in presentations of work.

My teaching goes beyond the boundaries of the classroom. I am always looking for opportunities to extend my students beyond the classroom and as a result I have lead and participated in a lunch time soccer club at the Illawarra Grammar School. In this role I have given students new experiences and the opportunity to encourage and extend their skills.  As a part time and casual teacher I always contribute to many after school events such as the School Fete, Parent Information Sessions,  Expo Days and social events like our Mother’s Day Breakfast. I have enjoyed this aspect of teaching as it helps to strengthen partnerships between teachers and parents.      

I practice the morals of honesty, trust and forgiveness in my daily life.

I hope that this extended introduction will give an insight into my willingness and enthusiasm as a teacher. Hope to hear from you soon.

Nevenka

Back to top Go down