Casual Relief Teacher Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pleased to meet you!

Go down

Pleased to meet you! Empty Pleased to meet you!

Post  AmandaB Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 am

Available from Term 1, 2014

Dedicated, enthusiastic, passionate

Casual Teaching Number: 229322
Mobile: 0417 525 592

My name is Amanda Burrows and I have been teaching for the past ten years. The past seven years I have been employed as an Environmental/Sustainability Education expert and I have also been working with teachers on Professional Learning regarding Aboriginal Cultural Awareness.

During this time I have taught Early Childhood in Preschool students up to year 12 around environmentally themed subjects.

Ten years experience teaching K-6, and conducting Professional Learning for teachers in Sustainability and Aboriginal Cultural Awareness.
Expert, practical, working knowledge of NSW Syllabus interpretation of National Curriculum, Sustainability Education including; environmental, energy, water and waste, Vegetable Gardens (food security) issues as well as a comprehensive knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and Community Engagement.

Practical knowledge and experience of school programming to implement Quality Teaching Elements and Professional Teaching Standards (Scope and Sequence planning for Sustainability and Aboriginal Education) as well as assisting completion of Individual Learning Plans for students at risk and Personalised Learning Plans for students identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

Preparing and writing funding applications.

Designing tailored Aboriginal and Environmental programs for your school (including comprehensive consultation with the local Aboriginal Community on behalf of your school to encourage implementation of Aboriginal Cultural Education programs.

Tailored integration of Literacy and Numeracy Programs with fun, engaging and locally relevant environmental education opportunities
Environmental Monitoring Programs including Waterwatch, water quality monitoring & VegWatch - e.g. Bugs (Mini-beasts), bird surveys, spider web ID, soil testing.

Environmental Audits of your school and grounds and improvement in the environment of your school based on these audits.
In addition to these practical skills and experience I have lead the Binless Playground Program across the Hunter and I have been heavily involved in management and implementation of the Take 3 program in Hunter schools.

AmandaB

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum