Casual Relief Teacher Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual relief teacher Newcastle region

Go down

Casual relief teacher Newcastle region Empty Casual relief teacher Newcastle region

Post  EJean Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi all,

I am a recent graduate from a Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts and have had some casual work in the Newcastle region this term. My main teaching areas are History (Ancient and Modern) and English (my major was Ancient History and I'm doing Honours in Ancient History next year). I've recently enjoyed the experience of covering for languages classes (I loved it). Luckily I studied French in school and was able to contribute reasonably to the lesson (even if it was only year 8 level), rather than just stand there giving instructions and monitoring behaviour etc. Outside of my subject areas and Languages, I've also had experience covering for Maths classes, Art classes, Pottery classes (though that might come under 'Art'), and D&T classes. I'm generally flexible and competent in a variety of subject areas.

I'm looking forward to gaining more experience in a variety of schools in the area, and am also considering the possibility of going out West in a couple of years time to experience teaching in rural schools. I would also like to work overseas at some point, perhaps teach in Asia and then later work in England for a year or so. I would like to continue gaining skills and confidence and experience in the Australian system, but I also see the benefit of experiencing other systems. I have taken on or adapted new strategies and tools from observations and discussions with other teachers in just about every school I've been in, and I believe we could take a lot from seeking out varied experiences. So that's me, introduced. I hope we all manage to gain loads of experience and find the best positions we possibly can!

Regards,
Elissa Miller Very Happy

EJean

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum