Casual Relief Teacher Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6

Go down

Are you a single parent waiting for permanent work?

Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Vote_lcap100%Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Vote_lcap0%Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Vote_lcap0%Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6 Empty Newcastle/Lake Macquarie - K-6

Post  Vanessa Guilmartin Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 am

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

I'm a new graduate and single parent of two fantastic primary school aged children and am eagerly awaiting permanent work (fingers crossed) in my local-ish area.  I don't want to move the kids when they are so set up with their friends and life activities even though Newcastle/Lake Macquarie is really hard to get work in (supposedly).

I've always wanted to be a primary school teacher.  After many years of other types of employment I finally decided to give Uni a go and completed Open Foundation when my daughter was 1yo.  To my surprise I have completed my degree "with distinction" (I thought that I wasn't smart enough  Rolling Eyes ).  I'm a hard worker so I shouldn't have been that surprised.

I wonder how many other single parent casuals are out there awaiting their turn at permanent work  Question 

Happy job hunting.

Have a good one!
Vanessa

Vanessa Guilmartin

Back to top Go down